2016 was a record-setting year for Bypass and the mobile point-of-sale industry as a whole.
- We shipped more point-of-sale terminals in sports than NCR and Micros combined.
- 14 pro sports venues upgraded their POS system, 10 selected Bypass.
- First Data, the largest credit card processor in the U.S. and MLB Advanced Media, the preeminent sports-tech organization, partnered with Bypass.
- After acquiring Parametric, Bypass deployed 90+ suite levels in sports.
- Around the industry:
- The mPOS market is seeing an annual increase of 9.2%, while conventional POS sales are declining 2.5%. Source
- Come 2017, 52% of operators will consider mobile POS for their next upgrade, an increase from 38% in 2012. Source
- Number of mPOS units installed by merchants across the U.S. is expected to more than triple by 2021 reaching 27.7 million devices. Source